2006年12月3日 星期日

David Gray - White Ladder










David Gray is not an Aussie but I know him in Oz. I remember when the Irish girl ask me "Did you heard of David Gray?' when we were having an afternoon break in the car after working as a vine pruning worker for long hours,  I gave her this stupid answer "I heard about Craig David but I've never heard of "David Gray". She didn't say anything after that and played "White Ladder" in the car. I was surprised how come a small girl likes such an old man and boring song. But later I found that David Gray's song is sad, touching, and it's suitbale to listen when you are doing something eles (like typing blog, tidy up your messy stuff).  I brought this CD in Melbourne right after I sperate with Tak in Oz, feeling a bit lonely. And on the last few day I stayed in Emerald Backpackers (the backpackers that I 've stayed for more than 6 months totally), I played this CD and pack my backpack by myself in my room alone for hours. Emerald Backpackers is not a very comfortable place to sta. It's dirty, untidy and messy. However, since I stayed there for such a long time, I feel a bit sad when I was leaving.  I met lots of people and experience a not during my stay, and leaving this backpackers mean the Oz journey is come to the end. Even after I come back to HK, when I listen to that album, I can stiil have the sad feeling of packing alone in Emerald. I truly believe every single song can have different meaning to every single people.

 

 


沒有留言:

張貼留言

跟Mirror 悲喜與共 - 記Mirror Feel the Passion Concert

入坑三年,終於可以以合理距離現場睇到Mirror 12子的演出。雖然去年有兩次機會見到mirror,分別係迪士尼Fantastic Meet活動的mini concert 同埋喺會展搞嘅12怪盗分享會,但兩次的體驗都頗災難性。迪士尼那次雖然已提早兩小時去擺位,但因係唔夠早,連鏡仔...