2006年12月2日 星期六

In the Summer Time - Thirsty Merc

 




"In the Summer Time" is so Aussie, or I should say, so east coast. This is a song for lazy people, especially those lazy backpackers who do nothing, just smoke and drink or swim in the pool under the damm hot burning sun in Queensland. I can always listen to this song when I travel along the east coast in Oz. Actually, I don't really enjoy the east coast as it was always party and party and crowded with tourists. Things are expensive as well. Those beachs and lake are undoubtly beautiful, but there just too many people and too noisey. I prefered quiet Tasmania or Western Australia. Party and party is  a part of western culture, or backpacker culture, but not my cup of tea.  Anyway, "In the summer time" always remind me the lazy travel days I was in the east coast,  as I was there in the lazy summer time, making my skin turned darkest I have ever been. People even think Tak is Thai. Funny!!

By the way, I highly recommend the vocal of the band has his haircut.


THIRSTY MERC  "In The Summertime"

I don't have a job I never liked them
I just wanna play in the sunshine

They say I was wrong But I know better
I live my life like I'm dying

Gimme a chance I'll do my best to kick and scream and dance
When winter comes I'll turn around

*Take me back to the sweet times  The hot nights
 Everything is gonna be alright In the summertime
 Baby, in the summertime
 And even if I have to wait til next year I don't care
 All I know is that I'll meet you there
 In the summertime Baby,

in the summertime

That is where I'll be*

I can't complain 'Cos I'm still breathing
There's nobody breathing down my neck now

Gimme a go Like an open furnace setting fire to snow
When winter comes I'll ask the crowd

Repeat *


So let me run I'll dream until my head weighs 16 tonnes
And when I wake sometime in June  I'll say

Repeat *

 

Surfer Paradise, a "must-go" sightseeing sight for people visiting Oz, crowded with tourist (you can even always hear Cantonese), too comercial, I don't really like there.

Try kanoeing in Nossa River, Queensland. I really don't know why I will take this challenge. I was fucking tired after doing tbis just for an hour. However, I did quite well and our boat ran quite fast. But I can't seat at the back as I am a poor directer. After this trip, I get sun burn and darkest skin I have ever have in my life.

Funny experience. We parked our boat at a small pier and waiting for our teamates. A group of locals were playing in the water near the pier and they inviteed us to join. They knew I am a non-swimmer so they put everything which could be float on me, making me look like an idiot. (The one in red safety suit is me). But it was really fun!!! I have never jump into the water with underwear.

At Fraser Island, the biggest sand island in the world which is famous with lake, sand, and dingo. Our teamates include an Irish couple, Aussie brothers and the girlfriend of the younger brother, Israel couple, an Israel boy. All are heavy-drinker.What a strange combination! But we have fun anyway.

Try Israel "水煙" (forgot the name of it).  Suprisingly, it tastes quite good, like fruit juice.

Main road in Fraser Island - beach.

Party on the last night in Fraser Island.

Sailing in Whitsundays Island, Great Barrier Reef, Australia. Very relaxing, but also quite boring actually.

Beautilful White Heaven Island. I swam here even though I can't swim.

Try snokeling in Whitsunday Island. You will not know how muh does it mean to me as I am a non-swimer.

Try scenic flights in Canis, to see Green Island. Not that impressive.


沒有留言:

張貼留言

跟Mirror 悲喜與共 - 記Mirror Feel the Passion Concert

入坑三年,終於可以以合理距離現場睇到Mirror 12子的演出。雖然去年有兩次機會見到mirror,分別係迪士尼Fantastic Meet活動的mini concert 同埋喺會展搞嘅12怪盗分享會,但兩次的體驗都頗災難性。迪士尼那次雖然已提早兩小時去擺位,但因係唔夠早,連鏡仔...