2006年12月19日 星期二

Thirsty Merc - Someday Someday

 





Thirsty Merc is one the the most sucessful Aussie rock band. Of course I've nevr heard of them before I went to Oz. Their two successful singles- "Someday Someday" and "In the summer time" are so popular, so pop and so touching.

"Someday Someday" is a touching song, takling about a poor boy decided to leave his lover, who has to study in the unoversity to achieve her dream. It's a sad story but still positive. Maybe it's the biggest support or love to a lover. I always think of the nice resort in Rainbow Beach when I heard this song again in HK cos one of the staff there keep playing this song in the common room of the hostel.  Maybe he has similar experience.

 

 


"SOMEDAY SOMEDAY"  THIRSTY MERC

 

So we've already established the fact that

things are gonna be different in the future baby.

And you've reiterated the fact that you don't

want to get into something that's just gonna have to end later.

Now I know our lives are changing and I've seen

it coming for a while too, don't get me wrong.

And I've been going outta town baby it's gonna happen more,

we gotta be strong but now

 

While I'm gone Just be a fly on the wall

You know I'm thinking about you

Just wait and see You gotta hear what I say

I'm in love with you   I'm not so far away

 

*Someday, someday I will be here babe

Someday, someday I will be the one babe*

 

I know you gotta go to university and

 I'm just trying to make some cash to follow my dreams.

But please don't say we're too busy

to give each other the time and support we need

I know we gotta work our jobs and

make some money to get by in this expensive world.

Don't let that overtake the fact that before all that,

you were still my girl.

 

While I'm gone

Just be a fly on the wall

You know I'm talking about you

Just wait and see

You gotta hear what I say

I'm in love with you

I'm not so far away

 

Repeat *

#Someday, someday I'll know that you love me

Someday, someday Sorry that I'm leaving

Someday, someday I will be here babe

Someday, someday I will be the one babe #

 

I'm in love with you I'm not so far away

 

Repeat *#

 

Someday, someday 

Look towards the sky babe

Someday, Someday

 There's no need to cry babe

I know that you're always what I want babe

I will be the one babe

Someday,  I will be the one babe  Someday,

I just need you here with me


 


沒有留言:

張貼留言

跟Mirror 悲喜與共 - 記Mirror Feel the Passion Concert

入坑三年,終於可以以合理距離現場睇到Mirror 12子的演出。雖然去年有兩次機會見到mirror,分別係迪士尼Fantastic Meet活動的mini concert 同埋喺會展搞嘅12怪盗分享會,但兩次的體驗都頗災難性。迪士尼那次雖然已提早兩小時去擺位,但因係唔夠早,連鏡仔...