2006年12月2日 星期六

Shannon Noll - Shine









I fell in love when I fisrt listened to this song, which was the time I worked in TNB farm, a farm located in Monbulk near Melbourne. I was doing tulip planting, a simple but super routine and boring job. The melody is easy to remember and the lyrics is so positive and optimatic. These two things are what I 'm short of  and what I need.

The job in TNB is shit but I have a good time there. It's because firstly, the pay is very good for backpacker ($16.5 /hr) but the job is not physically hard (but mentally hard). Secondly, the local worker are very nice and most of them won't treat Asian backpacker as cheap labour and have an intention to communicate with us, especially David, a funny black man and also the supervisor of the planting team. He likes talking to backpacker and always ask me to be his girlfriend (but he is  married with 3 kids) for fun, maybe because I looked shy and cutie. He gave us candy and gave me and Tak nice tomatos he planted in his garden. Thirdly, most of the co-workers in TNB, or other backpackers I should say,  are also nice and friendly. I remember on the night we worked for TNB, all backpackers who worked for TNB has a very nice chat until 3 am.

Shine - Shannon Noll

 

Get up, get out, get out, get out and lift your head,
Come on, come on, get up out of bed,
Today's the day you hold the world with your song.

Go now, go now, go now, help escalate.
Angels come down, help with this parade.
To hear your voice ring out,
Come on and shout it,
Let your song be heard.

*
This is the time,
 
This is the day that we've been waiting for,
 All the world will stop to watch you shine. *


Hey now, hey now, hey now, hey now sing your hymn,
This is the new national anthem,
We will all stand on guard to let you be heard.
Let go, let go, let go all that can ask,
How beautiful this world has become,
Now everyone will see what I believe,
That these words should be sung.

repeat * X2

And if you fall,
And if you fall,
And if you trust and,
Yes it will come true.

Hey, hey
Yeah.

repeat *

With David and the German girl.

I remember after working as a planting working for a whole day, when I close my eyes, all I can see is those moving seed.

Having a five minutes break (per hour). This break is very essential to us. If not, we will lose our arms.

We took a group photo on the last day we work for TNB. From right to left: TNB日女、DJ Alo、高荷蘭佬、masa、黑人、永薰、橙帽、德情女、德情男、咸濕佬(老細). Of couse all these nicknames are "assigned" by me and Tak. It is fun and necessary to assign nickname to others as we need to 講是非 using Cantonese in front of them.

This tulip is a goodbye gift from TNB 老板娘. As Tak, me and Masa worked for them for couple of times, we can have more expensive tulips. This is the first and only time for me to recieve goodbye gift!


沒有留言:

張貼留言

跟Mirror 悲喜與共 - 記Mirror Feel the Passion Concert

入坑三年,終於可以以合理距離現場睇到Mirror 12子的演出。雖然去年有兩次機會見到mirror,分別係迪士尼Fantastic Meet活動的mini concert 同埋喺會展搞嘅12怪盗分享會,但兩次的體驗都頗災難性。迪士尼那次雖然已提早兩小時去擺位,但因係唔夠早,連鏡仔...